Monday, November 12, 2012

Location, Location, Location

Back in the 90s Northville Square was MAGS, (Michigan Accessory
and Gift Show) I was in the furniture business and loved coming to
Northville on market days. The town was bustling!

I was sad to see it close but excited to see that it was being turned
into a Mall! We had a friend who owned a friendly competitive baby
furniture store there. As the businesses moved in I would visit and
walk around dreaming about opening my own boutique there someday.
We had big stores, not boutique at all.

I love the way the building feels!

So naturally, when my husband and I lost our jobs I started talking
about ideas for a business there. Not that I didn't look before making
the decision. Northville was my 1st choice since it's my home town.
Plymouth had a few spots but every time I inquired they were just
commencing contract!
Another space I liked is where Sincerely Yours is located now.

Then I went to see the location where I opened in May 2011.
I fell in love with the potential of the space. It felt like a loft, with
big windows and natural light. It was love at first sight.

At the time, RePurpose had just had their opening gala and there was a lot
of positive buzz about the traffic the "Cash and Cari" would bring to town.
And it did! Some of the businesses reported increased numbers right away!

I started putting my plan together. The 1st thing on the list was to talk
to the businesses in the mall to get a feel for traffic and such...


Up next: The Sandwich Shop, The Baker and The Coffee Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment