Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Sandwich Shop, The Baker and The Coffee Shop

This next part is true, I swear! If I had not gone through this I wouldn't
believe it,  but it happened.

First, in doing my research on manners and etiquette classes I found that there were only a few places who offered classes in Michigan.

Not a lot of competition for me to worry about. Not so fast, Tracey....


I get a call from a friend who asks if I knew about the ballet teacher
at  Ms. Harriet's located in my SAME BUILDING who teaches manners and
etiquette classes? Really?

So, I checked it out. It seems that though it is not part of the dance studio
the teacher in fact teaches classes on her own, but would not be offering
classes anymore!  Whew... Or just wouldn't be promoting it?

Next, since my beautiful space had no kitchen I had the project of finding food
and beverage people for parties. Alas! There is a coffee shop, a bakery and
a sandwich shop in the same building! This would be a win/win.
So, I started off to talk to each business owner.

First the baker, BAM! And I quote. "I wouldn't do business here"
He swore and carried on about all of the reasons why his business
not working. He's a trained pastry chef from the Ritz and people
want cupcakes? But yeah, he would make cookies and cupcakes
since I was going to be a neighbor.  Well! Aren't I special?

As a trial, I asked if he could make up a tray of assorted cookies for a
book club (another story).  I needed 3 dozen cookies. Nothing fancy,
and I would bring a pretty tray for him to put them on. I go to pick up the
tray of cookies and it's all desserts. Not just desserts, fancy desserts that
need to be eaten with a fork! I had napkins because, I ordered cookies.
And the best part? He only charged me $75.00,  for the 3 dozen cookies
that I ordered for a book club that nobody showed up for! Swell.

BTW, the desserts were delicious. We made up trays and brought them
to our neighbors!

Soon after that the baker is outside on the sidewalk yelling and
carrying on and the next thing you know, the baker is gone.

ONE DOWN!

Well, there was still the coffee shop and sandwich shop....


No comments:

Post a Comment