Saturday, December 1, 2012

Build it and they will come. But what kind of experience will they have when they get here?



There are days when I think about everything that I have tried and I see it as "look at how many things that didn't work".  Then there are days when I see it as "look at how many things I have learned from trying". They say that you haven't failed until you stop trying!

No matter what the outcome of the efforts have been one thing is for sure, building these ideas is an invaluable experience!

Yesterday's post asks the question Chicken or Egg?

The challenge for Northville Square is that you have to get people in the door in order to show them what a great place it is!

As soon as I made the tough decision to close HOI, I put another hat on.

I needed a way to liquidate my inventory and the building owner needed a way to empty the rest of the spaces so that they can be leased.

Let's have a sale!

While Repurpose was here, their lease restricted anyone else from having vintage merchandise. I knew that there was a draw for it because I sat in my store for a year and a half and watched gobs of people walk through her doors. The problem was that they walked in the front door and out the front door. Many never came in the mall! The people who did come in the mall were somewhat disenchanted
because the store was not what they thought it would be.

The comments were similar most of the time. It was ok but the prices were high and the staff is not helpful. But don't blame Cari. She is sweet and very talented. From what I could see, she had too many people around her pulling her in the wrong direction. On her own, without all of the hoopla she would have had a great thing here in Northville.

Boy, do I have visions of all of the fun things that she could have done here that Northville would love.
I did share some of those ideas, but what did I know? My idea wasn't working, but I didn't have a TV show that drove customers from all over Michigan and other states too!

So on with the Sale! Since there was a mixture of merchandise, it was hard to come up with a name for marketing. I got out my handy dandy thesaurus and looked up words for antiques, collectibles and vintage. I came up with "Rummage and Relics" There are some rummage sale items, but there are lots of relics too!

Then I decided to solicit other vintage collectors and dealers to see if we can make this more interesting.

We currently have 6 vendors and are now getting inquiries daily!

This is where my past work comes in handy!

The "Rummage and Relics" sale will take place December 7-9th as an event at LimeLight Emporium!

Friday 9:30 am - 8:00 pm
Saturday 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Sunday 11:00 am - 4:00 pm

For more information visit the facebook page for LimeLight Emporium at:

http://www.facebook.com/LimeLightEmporium

You can also preview the merchandise starting this weekend while the dealers are here setting up!

Saturday - 11-5 and Sunday 12-4

Next: Make the most of what God gave you!





No comments:

Post a Comment