Thursday, November 15, 2012

Good Friends are like stars

One day while on my way to work I stopped at Starbucks to get my daily vice. The barista had a beautiful bracelet on. When I asked where she got it she told me that she special ordered it from a local jewelry designer. Well, since I was in the market I asked if she would share the name of the company.
When she came back with her business card I looked at it and thought, that couldn't be the Bonnie I know.
She moved to California 15 years ago.

I called her about her line of jewelry and asked if she had a child
about 20 years old. She did. As it turns out, I sold her baby furniture when she was expecting her 1st baby! What a small world.  We have been friends since then. She stops by with her husband from time to time to catch up!

Another friend came by way of a cute story. As I was setting up the store
one day a lady came in with 3 busy blondes in tow. She came to sell me
advertising in the Piazza recital program. Her pitch was pretty good!
I thought it was great that she was doing her part, so I couldn't say no.
We have been friends since. Nancy has a great sense of humor and she
doesn't beat around the bush.Two qualities I admire.  She reads my sob
stories online and comes over to give me a hug or buy something!

And then there's Ann. If you spend any time in downtown Northville you
might have seen her on a walk about! Ann walks almost everyday in town.
As it turns out she is Nancy's mom! Ann is the classiest chick in Northville.
80 something, always wears makeup, hair done and the best dresser I know.
I love when Ann visits. She always shares her latest adventure or a great story
from the past. So much wisdom!

I treasure my friendship with these ladies and always look forward to their visits!

There are so many more friendships to tell you about later...




No comments:

Post a Comment