Wednesday, November 14, 2012

"The Sandwich Shop"

Oh... how do I say this nicely?

"Beware of wolves in a sheep's clothing"!

At first I came as a customer to test the food. The price of a sandwich was
high, $9.00 for a ham and cheese. Is this Manhattan? But it was delicious
and the owner was really nice.

I inquired about catering and the owner said it would be no problem since
he used to be a banquet manager. He could prepare anything!

We planned the first party with sandwiches, cookies and cupcakes.
It seemed pretty straight forward. We discussed a simple sugar cookie with
some sprinkles and mini cupcakes with pink frosting and a little decoration
on top.

In the interim, there were days that I would walk down to get some lunch
and find the sandwich shop closed for the day! Ok, he had some other things
going on and he was the only one working there. I can relate.
However, one of those days happened to be the day before my first party,
so I was unable to confirm with him. I was nervous to say the least.

The next day, the day of the party I kept peeking down to see if he would open.
Great, about 11:00 he opened up. So I ran down to talk to him and confirm
the order. I didn't see any sign that he had started baking and the party was at
1:00 pm! Right in the middle of his lunch rush.

Are you ready for this?

I came down at the time we agreed on to pick the order only to see him
putting pink cupcakes from a plastic container on a baking tray.
The container was from MEIJER! The cookies were those Lofthouse
frosted cookies that you can buy in every grocery store in Michigan!

Did I miss something here? He told me he was baking them and he of course
upcharged me for putting them on the baking tray!

How special for my very first party!

Soon after that he announced that he was closing. Another one down.

Well, at least there was the coffee shop...

No comments:

Post a Comment